ANIMATION STUDIO

Top: floor plan   CENTER left: 3d model  right: detailed floorplan  Bottom: section



Inspiration: abstract painting
Site: Hi-Life Mall, Santacruz, Mumbai
Materials: glass, wood and concrete.
Total area: 6000 sq.ft. (1829 sq.m.)
Lecturer: Nuru Karim


Read more >>>

I have designed this office space for an animation studio, it is situated on the second floor of a shopping mall with a large open atrium in the centre. I have used an abstract black and white painting which is made up of  irregular cubes.I started my concept with dividing the white spaces as voids and the other ones as volumes, then I gave a different height to diferent shades of the volumes and made them up as rooms for my interiors. I even have a suspended deck right in the centre of the atrium which acts as an exhibition space for the works created in the office.